Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Great news from Great Lakes!

Letter day came early this week and as you can imagine I was pleasantly surprised to see a letter waiting for me! =)

Derek will indeed keep his job as MA and he and I are both so excited about this! So the same day as his Graduation he will fly to Texas for school. Grandpa Jacob and my layer also happen to be in TX. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we're on the same plane. I'd be thrilled since we're being jipped out of time together because he is grad and go. What an incredibly long turn around trip this will be with a one year old. Good thing I've got a great kid!

I had asked before for pray regarding his leg. He tells me that he is doing much better this week. His toes are constantly numb from having to stand watch and in stand in formation constantly. Poor guy! The Navy has given him a lot of ambition and I'm so proud of him! I knew he had it in him he just needed the Navy for a push. I've never heard him so passionate about something as he is his new job. His goal as of now is to become career and move as far up in rank as possible. Derek passed his physical tests so we're on track for graduation. That's exciting! This week he has live fire so he'll have fun with that. I'm excited to hear how that goes. He was very sick when I talked to him on the phone a few weeks ago and started to get better. Since there have been so many hurricanes one on top of the next and all the weather travels up to the Great Lakes and camps out for a bit. He said it has been raining non stop and RTC has flooded. They had everyone on hold because of it. Of course with rain comes more sickness. He isn't feeling 100% but said he has learned to work though it. Derek has never worked through being sick in his life. This is a big step for him... haha He can't wait to be done with boot camp and expressed a desire to eat at Taco Bell. YUCK! I guess its right across the street from RTC so I'm guessing they march past it and are probably able to smell it. I just can't see why you would want Taco Bell when you are in Chicago... I've heard amazing things about the deep dish pizza. I'm going to reward myself with one and plan to get Derek his gourmet Taco Bell. haha

Please continue to keep him in your prayers. If you are writing him keep it up! He needs all the support he can get to press through these last few weeks. Thank you!

Amanda, pictures will soon follow! Promise! =)

No comments: